Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I even look sexy in salwar-kameej: Neha Dhupia

I have read some of the "best" interviews by Neha Dhupia. I don't think she thinks a moment before uttering anything. If you are intrigued, you can check out the rest of the interview here.

Q: Do you think that your last two films “Sheesha’ and ‘Julie’ has had a role in projecting you as a sexy actress?
A: No, I don’t think so. Today even if I wear a salwar-kameej people say that I look sexy. However, like many others, I don’t take this as a compliment.

I have received a compliment that is unique. During the
question-answer session after ‘Mithya’ was screened at the ‘Osian Film Festival’, a female critic came up to me and openly said, ‘Neha, I have watched many of your films, but I feel that after this movie, you have emerged as an excellent actress’.

Q: On what basis do you select your roles?
A: When the story of a film makes me feel bore, I don’t accept
the film. And to a large extent, I depend on my experience while selecting films and roles. After all, I am also a human being who has learnt from her mistakes.

I don’t regret making mistakes as I have learnt a lot from
them. I can assure one thing to the audience and that is from Mithya’ they would be seeing me in good and meaningful
cinema only.

Q: On what basis did you choose your last film ‘Rama Rama Kya Hai Drama’?
A: Actually, when I had read the story of the film, it attracted me. Unfortunately, the final product did not turn out that way. Moreover, I am not responsible nor do I have a hand in a film being good or bad.

There are many times when I have to accept films for friendship sake, but now I have realized that it is often wise to say ‘no’ to some offers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is correct here.Don't care abt wt people say,do things which u want to do.