Monday, November 26, 2007

Why Saawariya is not doing well in Tamil Nadu



I am not a Sanjay Leela Bhansali fan. So please do not look for objective criticism of the movie Saawariya from me. You can check out reviews here and there.

Saawariya is not doing well in Tamil Nadu mainly due to its name. Saawariya in Tamil means "are you ready to die" or something close to that. People probably may not want to see this movie with an inauspicious title released on a festival day like Diwali . Om Shanti Om is doing well, I understand. The positive connotation with the name may have played part in its success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely funny. The more I read this, the funnier it gets. I would have never thought of disecting a movie title for its success. Kudos to dah Maverick! :)

Keep them coming dude